A professional school for practical and comprehensive courses to show you how to protect your family and home from any type of disaster.
These online courses make preparing simple and straightforward. No need to sift through countless websites and brochures to find the information and guidance you require. It is all here.
Handy checklists, templates, plans, tips for emergency supplies, disaster kits, food, water, equipment and so much more!
Everything you need to get ready, respond, and return home safely is here.
The courses combine the latest research, science-based evidence, and practical lessons learned, with over thirty years of experience in disaster management, public health, and survival techniques.
Learn how to:
- communicate and reunite with your family after a disaster
- safely shelter in your home and evacuate
- assemble essential supplies for your family's needs
- prepare your home for any type of disaster
- live without electricity
- prevent injury and reduce loss
- properly manage hygiene and sanitation issues during an emergency
- collect and sanitize water in an emergency
- respond to a various disasters
- return home safely
- reduce the emotional effects of a disaster on your family
- make lake water potable
- and so much more!
Also included are handy checklists and shopping lists to make preparing easy.
The courses focus on an all-hazard, in other words, one action plan for every type of disaster, and arranged in a simple and organized manner to take the guesswork out of preparing.
We have organized the process of preparing for emergencies into
7 practical steps.
- The first 5 steps, offered in the course Get Ready, focus on everything you need to know about how to get your home, affairs, and family ready for any type of disaster.
- The course Respond and Return Home Safely includes steps 6 (how to respond) and step 7 shows you how to return home safely.*
Additional courses include*
Disasters 101, which explores what really what happens during a disaster, it also includes important information about disaster mental wellness, and delves a bit more into specific hazards and how they might affect your community.
Collect and Disinfect Water Safely teaches you how to safely collect, disinfect, and store water.
*available upon request